Thursday, September 5, 2019

So Many Animals - Dublin Trip day 5, part 1

On Saturday Jeffe and David decided to go on a day trip, while my owner and I decided to go to a museum in the morning and to the convention in the afternoon.

We set out by car to first have breakfast together. But it turned out finding a parking spot was difficult. So finally we got out the car and sent Jeffe and David on their way out of the city while we walked to the museum and got something to eat on the way.


After some searching we found our destination: The Natural History Museum


Regular readers of my blog will know what is waiting for them:
Animals pictures! Lots of animal pictures!


First we looked around at the ground floor which was dedicated to Irish animals.




The wonder Cabinet had animals you might not expect to find in Ireland, but were there at one point in history anyway.


Among them: a hyena!


A really big shark hung from the ceiling.


I think this is a sturgeon...


There was more upstairs.


I had to explore upstairs in that case of course.


And I wasn't disappointed!


There were lots of stuffed animals and skeletons.











This museum was build in 1856 and stayed mostly the same ever since. I could really feel the history of the building and went into a picture taking frenzy. This is just the first of 3 posts about the museum, and I can tell you I took almost 5 times as many pictures as I'm posting here on my blog.

Next: More animals

1 comment:

miki said...

such a great history!