Thursday, September 12, 2019

Picture heavy Museum post - Dublin Day 7, part 2

After leaving the convention we went on one last outing.


We visited the Archaeology Museum


There were lots of cool things to see.


Including Bog Bodies!




Hmm... I wouldn't want to be this bog man, but I'd also rather not be a king in ancient Ireland...




There was a really small room with an Egyptian exhibit as well!


Weird Bishop statue,




A Viking skeleton.


I think these swords belonged to the skeleton.




A silver hoard.


Here you could try to make a paper rubbing of a seal.


I had to try of course.




Do you see the dragon?




Another one of the seals you could try.


An example of Irish peat ground I think...


A friend asked me if these were ancient Ferrero Rocher.
Probably?


We did some shopping in the museum bookstore and then we walked back to the cottage while Jeffe and David went out to dinner. We had a yummy sandwich on our way back, which we ate while sheltering from the rain.

Then we walked the last few kilometers to the cottage and took some pictures along the way.





Once at the cottage we took a rest before we started packing our suitcases. Luckily my owner was smart enough to bring two suitcases this time.


Next: Goodbye Dublin

1 comment: