Sunday, September 22, 2019

An Important Announcement, a Brother, and Dinosaurs

I have an important announcement, somebody to introduce you to, and dinosaurs!

As you might know I've been traveling with my owner for over 10 years now. I've also been reading and collecting books for a long time. The time has come for me to step back from traveling and concentrate on all the books I still want to read and review.

Yes! You read that right: I'm going to retire as a traveler and focus on my review blog. Some of you might have seen this coming as I've been more busy on my review blog than on this one the last few years.

Still I'd feel bad if my owner had to travel alone, so I had a talk with my brothers and one of them stepped up to take over accompanying my owner on any trips she is making. He still needed some instructions and training, so I have taken him on as my apprentice for now. But soon he'll be the one traveling and posting about it instead of me. You'll still find me on my review blog though.

On to the introduction of my apprentice and dinosaur fun!


What better way to start training my brother than going on a trip to see dinosaurs!
On September 7th we visited dinosaur forest Tenaxx.

\
Meet Gilbert!
Gilbert is my twin brother. He is a bit more serious than me and until recently he thought traveling wasn't for him, as he likes experiments and discovery. I told him that every travel is one big experiment and there's lots to discover as well.


The dinosaur forest was really fun.
There were dinosaurs hidden in the woods and most were really friendly. This one let us pose with him.


Another friendly dinosaur.


Even the T-Rex was relaxed enough to pose with us.


These guys didn't even notice we were there.


Another friendly dinosaur let us ride on her back.


Gilbert fell!
He's clearly not used to adventure yet.


Luckily he was alright and climbed right back on.


And he soon learned how to keep from falling.


This dinosaur tried to scare us!


We also found one that was just hatching.




What's this?!
Aggressive dinosaurs?


This one was locked in a small shed.
Looks like there are some scary dinosaurs here as well.


This one luckily didn't notice us as he was too busy snacking on another dinosaur. This dinosaur forest was more dangerous than we thought.


We found a nice spot on an arch to take a short rest and ponder our next move. We wanted to see all the dinosaurs, but now knew we needed to be alert and ready for danger.




As we walked on Gilbert was sure he heard a weird noise...


We looked around, but at first couldn't find where the noise came from.


It was a pterodactyl!
We spotted him just in time to escape luckily enough.

Gilbert's first trip was a bit more exciting than I thought it would be.


Coming next: more dinosaurs!

7 comments:

Jerry and Ben said...

Hi to Gilbert! Hope you have lots of fun adventures!

miki said...

hi Gilbert!! i hope you get to enjoy travelling!
glad to still see you Sullivan

Patricia said...

It was great to meet you Gilbert! I wish you safe travels and lots of fun and exploring.
Sullivan, hope you will enjoy your rest that you earned.
See you both later guys.

Sullivan McPig said...

Thanks, everyone!

Sullivan & Gilbert

Beanie Mouse said...

WHAT??? YOU'RE RESIGNING???? NOOOOOO!!!!! We want Sullivan McPig doing his travels!!!!! Don't leave!! We can't get into trouble with Gilbert on his own.....

Sullivan McPig said...

@Beanie: just from traveling. If I travel for too much longer my arms might fall off from all the traveling.

Alexander Mackenzie Bear said...

Hi Gilbert!!!
I must say - Gilbert is very... clean... and pink... and very educated looking with those glasses!
Be well Sullivan.