Tuesday, September 3, 2019

Second Day of Worldcon - Dublin Trip day 4, part 1


On Friday - August 16 - we started our day with a lovely breakfast. I had oatmeal with banana, berries, and apple.


Kelly Robson joined us for breakfast, and posed with me and Jeffe for a picture.
Kelly writes really cool stories about time traveling and creepy things, and she is a really fun person.


After breakfast my owner and I walked to the convention center. I felt like somewhere, somehow a seagull was watching me...


I spotted a lion and unicorn on a building.


Once again clouds made for a dramatic picture.


This tree lane led to a group of statues.


There was a dog who looked scared.


A lady looking to the sky.


A men carrying something.

I think it was another statue that had to do with the Potato Famine and depicted people who travelled to America to escape the famine, but I might be wrong.


Vintage Tea Tours!
I wonder if they drive you to all kinds of tea shops, or if you get to drink tea on the bus while you tour.


A ship that was also a museum.
There was a tour you could take that was about the Potato Famine, but we didn't have time to take it.

We reached the convention center with enough time to spare to get to:


Seanan McGuire
She was signing books, so my owner and I got Every Heart a Doorway & Beneath the Sugar Sky signed. It was super cool to meet Seanan McGuire, and she signed books for some of our friends as well.


Next we got to meet up with Nikki!
We met her in Brighton in 2013 and she is awesome. It was fun to catch up, and to hear how she was doing. She works in the gaming industry, shares our love for post apocalyptic books, and would be on a panel we wanted to visit the next day! Check out Hunt Showdown (a game she worked on) here


Next: More autographs



1 comment:

miki said...

so much to do ^^ you were really busy