Monday, September 9, 2019

Oscar Wilde and a Walk - Dublin Trip day 5, part 4


After visiting the Natural History Museum we went to the park close to the museum, because there was a statue there we wanted to see. Not this one, but:


Oscar Wilde!


As I told you before I love his works, especially his poetry, so this was a must see. Although I will confess I got the feeling the sculptor went a bit wild on the facial expression. What a smirk!


Still it's a cool statue.


There were some smaller statues in front of the big statue. I really liked this statue of a woman.





There were Oscar Wilde quotes on the pillar.

After that we slowly made out way towards the convention center.

We had to go through this scary tunnel!


Finally we reached the Liffey.
I could see the convention center in the distance.


There is a weird bridge we had to cross to get to the convention center.




What a great sky!


You know how much I love clouds, so I took several pictures of course.






Coming Next: Convention and Sightseeing

1 comment: