Sunday, May 9, 2021

Gilbert - A Trip to Germany: Flowers and a Castle

 We went on a trip!

My owner was invited by her friend Diana to come visit, and as we were feeling a bit down, we immediately took her up on the offer and packed our suite case.

We arrived on Sunday afternoon. We got a yummy dinner and after a relaxing evening we went to bed. We'd be going on an outing the next day.

On Monday we first visited a memorial site for prisoners of war who died during the war. This used to be their burial site, but most were reburied somewhere else from what I could decipher on this sign. I need to brush up on my German.


It's been 75 years since the end of the war, so there were flowers at the monument in the center as remembrance.

Next we went to a garden center! I spotted these piggies and a hedgehog.

There were goats lounging among the flowers.

And a baby cow!

There were also tons and tons of hippos.


I spotted a really cool plant: a Potatom.
It's a plant that has both tomatoes and potatoes. I wanted to get one as I wanted to know if the tomatoes and potatoes would taste normal or different than normal ones, but my owner said it wouldn't do well on our balcony, so I was overruled.

After the garden center we drove to Fürstenau to visit castle Fürstenau. It was surrounded by water, and I spotted a cannon on the earthen wall. Looks like a well defended castle.

There was a statue of a guy tooting his own horn.

He had a wicked looking halberd so maybe he had a right to boast. 

More pictures of castle Fürstenau coming tomorrow.


2 comments:

miki said...

glad you could travel and even more happy that you had fun

Aurian said...

Lovely pictures Gilbert!