Thursday, January 19, 2023

Gilbert - A birthday Trip: Day 2

 

On Sunday morning it was dry, so we went for a walk. 

It did look like it might rain so I put on my raincoat, just in case.

We had a beautiful walk even though it was very windy.

We walked to the WWII bunker. It was getting sunny, so I decided to take off my raincoat.

There's an amazing view on top of the bunker.

After taking this picture my owner had some trouble with her camera. A setting changed because the wind flapped something across the touch-screen. So no other pictures were taken at the bunker. Once we reached a less windy spot she managed to reset the camera settings to get things to work again.

We continued our walk and reached the beach!


It was beautiful and sunny at the beach.

I was glad to be wearing a hat though, the wind was chilly at times.

It also created dust devils on the beach.

Next we went to the restaurant close to this beach for hot chocolate and a Belgium waffle with cranberry jam. Yum!

My owner said we'd walk back to the village and maybe even walk a bit further to see the lighthouse.

I spotted some kind of WWII cannon!

This is one of the best spots on the island according to my owner. It's at the edge of where the forest and dunes meet, and you can't see it very well in the picture, but you can also see the ocean from this spot.

We were close to the village when it started raining!
It was raining really hard and we had to walk against the wind, so we decided to not continue to the lighthouse. Instead we went back to the village. My owner bought a mug at a local shop and then we made a short stop at the fish shop as well, before going back to the apartment to get warm and dry again.

The yummy Kibbeling (fried fish) my owner got us at the fish shop helped with getting warm again.

We relaxed and read  for the rest of the afternoon, because it kept raining. 

In the evening we went out for dinner.
My owner said she ordered beef, but as Sullivan taught me: I stuck to the French fries and the salad just in case.

After dinner we ordered a gin tonic as an early birthday celebration. The waiter told us it wasn't a gin tonic though. It was a gin tonic cocktail!

Cocktail or not it was delicious!

When we got back to the apartment my owner made us hot chocolate with Amaretto. She discovered a cupboard she hadn't noticed before and it contained... mugs! We decided to use our new mug anyway.

We read and relaxed some more before going to bed. The next day would be our birthday!



1 comment:

miki said...

weather at least allowed you a sunny moment^^