Tuesday, March 24, 2015

A Cool Trip to ... - Day 1


Last Thursday we went on a trip.
My owner told me to pack for 5 days, and to take my passport. We took a train and went to Schiphol where we had to board another train. We traveled for almost 6 hours. I will confess I fell asleep at one point and when I woke up:


We had arrived at our hotel.
I wondered where we were. That's Mona Lisa in the painting. Rome?


The view out of the window wasn't telling me anything.


Then my owner showed me the map of the city.
We were in Paris!

After putting away our luggage we decided to do a little sightseeing before it got too dark. We took a metro into the city.


Knowing me it might not surprise you we visited an old cemetery.


There were some really beautiful statues there.




In the distance I spotted the roof of a church.
My owner told me we'd go there next.


The Sacré-Cœur!
The Sacré-Cœur (Sacred Heart) is a relatively new church, build between 1875 and 1914, but I think it's a beautiful church.


It's on a hill so you can look over the city.
It was grey and foggy though, so we couldn't see very far.




We had a look around both outside the church as inside, but we weren't allowed to take pictures inside.




After visiting the Sacré-Cœur we walked back to the metro station. So far I thought Paris was a beautiful city.

When we were close to our hotel we found a place to get something to eat. After dinner we went to our hotel to get some sleep.

7 comments:

Hammie Hamster said...

ooooooooh Paris!!!!!! Now we are sooooooo jealous!!!!!! Being such huge fans of France we have never been there.... It's on our wish list :-)! But now we can enjoy Paris through your eyes, that's great!

Jerry and Ben said...

Paris! We're so jealous. Hope you're having a great time.

Demented Wench said...

A trip to Paris would be wonderful indeed. Thank you for sharing your adventures with us. :)

miki said...

you are more adventourous than me for sure but i'm glad you had fun

Jeffe Kennedy said...

Paris!!!

Alexander Mackenzie Bear said...

Paris is soooo beautiful!!! But you need a passport?? I thought the EU borders was passport free??

Sullivan McPig said...

@Alexander: We need to be able to identify ourselves when asked, with a passport or ID card. I only have my passport and no ID card.