Sunday, December 8, 2019

Gilbert: Sinterklaas

Before continuing with the trips we made when we had family staying over in October, I bring you a Sinterklaas interlude.

Sinterklaasavond, or Saint Nicholas Eve is on December 5th. People get presents from Sinterklaas on that day or sometimes on a day close to it if not everyone can make it on the 5th. And sometimes people get presents twice!

But first:


My owner got me a horse!
The horse is called Amerigo and is a relative of Sinterklaas' horse. How cool is that!?


He is small but strong!
I love having my own horse.


On December 5th my owner was told that Sinterklaas would drop presents off at a friends place, so we went there of course. I was a bit troubled when I didn't see any names on the packages.


There were all kinds of yummy things to eat, and I got a Sinterklaas Surprise Egg.


It had a small charm in it with the face of Sinterklaas' horse.


Next we played a special game!
It turned out that there were no names on the packages because Sinterklaas thought it would be fun to win them in the game. So we played the game and won presents, sometimes we had to trade presents, and sometimes we even lost some!


But in the end we all had a stack of presents to unpack.
Sinterklaas clearly didn't know I'd be there as well, because the presents were not the kind I would want to get. And Sullivan advised against showing them on the blog, because some might be too naughty for our readers.


But on December 7th Sinterklaas dropped by again at the house of other friends with more presents! This time there was no game, but there were names on the packages.


And look at all the goodies!
There were books, candy, marzipan, cool toys, and more! Sullivan immediately checked out the books when we got home of course. I myself think the Players Handbook for D&D is the coolest of the books, so we decided I could get that book and Sullivan will read and review the others.


And we got new friends!
Saint Hamsterklaas and Hamster Piet also dropped by and decided to stay with us. They're relatives of Hammie Hamster they told me.

All in all it was a fun Sinterklaas season.
A big thanks to Sinterklaas for all the presents!


2 comments:

Patricia said...

What I see you had a great time and a lots of good stuff.
I agree with Sullivan that some presents you got on December 5 are to naughty 😁

Jerry and Ben said...

Yummy food and fun presents! Hope you have a nice Christmas!