Friday, May 1, 2009

A Wedding

Today my owner took me to a wedding. It was a wedding with a medieval theme so lots of people had dressed up. On this picture you can see me, a good friend of us and my owner. My owner's OH couldn't come with us unfortunately.

The weather was beautiful and we walked to the church where the wedding was in a long procession with musicians in front playing medieval music. In this pic you can see the bride and groom and some bridesmaids behind me. (The bride is the one wearing red)

A pic from inside the church. It was a beautiful ceremony, they even actually tied the knot by tying their hands together as was a custom in the past.

After the ceremony it was time for cake.

And tea, which we took outside to enjoy the lovely weather.

Some more pictures of the church.


While we all sat enjoying our tea and cake the musicians played some more for us.
Afterwards we all walked back to the house of the bride and groom in another procession.

3 comments:

Eve Noir said...

That sounds really cool. I like how they tie each others hands together, that sounds neat. I didn't know that was a thing of the past.

Demented Wench said...

I'm not much of a wedding person but the medieval themed wedding sounds cool

Urok Burok said...

Quite an impressive ceremony. Sunlight on the walls of that old chuch and two happy persons and of course, many nioe people to
celebrate the wedding...