Sunday, April 2, 2023

Gilbert - Catching Up: Lots of Ice

 

I have a lot of catching up to do!
I must say I wonder how Sullivan managed to post so often and how he kept up with all his adventures. I haven't had that many as he had in his hay days and I feel I'm always running behind.

Anyway:
In February we went on a trip to Zwolle.
First we visited my owner's mother (we  had an accident with a bottle of soda, got lost on the way in the pouring rain, and arrived 30 minutes later than planned. And no: I didn't take pictures of our mishaps).


After visiting my owner's mother we walked to our next destination. Luckily it had stopped raining.

We passed Dinoland!
It had a T-Rex!
It also was closed...


We didn't get lost, so we arrived at the IJsselhallen, a big venue where we met up with Aurian! There was an ice sculpture festival at the IJsselhallen that we wanted to see.


It was cold to keep all the ice from melting, luckily I had my hat.
This statue was to celebrate the year of the rabbit I think.

The ice sculptures were really beautiful and impressive.

Day of the Dead portraits.

I spotted Totoro on an ice beam above us.



A pharaoh. 
Not sure who it was though.

He also had a cat.



Oh, I recognize this: It's The Kiss by Gustav Klimt




Hippos!

All the statues and carvings were beautiful, whimsical, and fun!

Next: more ice, books, churchy things, and food

1 comment:

Aurian said...

we sure had a fun day!