Monday, April 3, 2023

Gilbert - Catching Up: Ice, books, and more

 

We really enjoyed seeing all the ice sculptures.

I really liked this snail.

And this sea turtle was just gorgeous.

I think this is an Indonesian Wajang puppet.


I think I can guess who sponsored the ice sculptures.

After visiting the ice sculpture festival we went into town.

Fitst stop:
The Broerenkerk.
It's a church that was restored and turned into a bookstore with a lunch room. We had hot chocolate with a piece of Schwarzwälder kirsch cheese cake. Yum!

Next we had a look around the bookstore.
They did a great job restoring it. 

And they had so many books!
I saw a lot of books I never heard of. We did find a book for Sullivan among the horror section.

Next we visited a Dominican cloister church.



I think thr windows were a newer addition. They looked a bit cartoonish in my opinion.

It was getting time for dinner.
But first I posed with the famous (within this part of the Netherlands) Peperbus tower in the background.

We decided to try Monster Sushi & Grill.

They had lots of yummy food.
The perfect way to end a fun filled day.

Next: more catching up

1 comment:

miki said...

oh such a gorgeous turtle!!! and that many books i'm glad you found something for you