Friday, July 8, 2022

Gilbert: Lots of Cool Things

 

The last 8 days I've been doing tons of cool stuff!

On the Thursday before last we went to a game night. There were deviled eggs! They were very yummy!

We played Feed the Kraken again.
Once again we didn't win, but we had lots of fun.


On Saturday we went out for dinner with family.
My owner got mustard soup as a starter, but it contained questionable meat in my opinion, so I stuck to the bread. I won't even mention the main course.

The weather as lovely and there was cider to make up for my owner's choice in food, though.

We had a fun evening!


This Wednesday we went on a trip to museum Wierdenland in Ezinge.
It's a museum about the wierden of Groningen (and Friesland, although the people in Friesland call them terpen).
A wierde is a mount that was build to keep farms and houses from flooding.

They had a temporary expo on cows. There were lots of paintings with cows on them.


This cow looks like she doesn't enjoy being milked.


This painting looked so real I almost felt like walking in a meadow with cows and sheep.

The permanent expo on wiedren was really cool as well.
This skeleton was found when they were excavating a wierde.

This is a replica of a loom that people used between 200 BC and 200 AD

These loom weights and hand spinning weights are actually that old! 

I'm not sure if these skulls are also old, or were newer, but acted like an example of what they found in the wierden.

These clay pots were found in the wierden and are really old as well.

There were lots of interesting things to see in the museum and we had fun learning all about wierden. After visiting the giftshop we went in search for a place to get something to eat.

We decided to go to the Golden Carp. I spotted a cat sleeping on a chair outside the restaurant.

I got pecan pie with caramel.

There was also a chocolate butterfly on my plate. The pie was delicious!

Back home I got a present from my owner: at the gift shop she bought me a Package of Art. When you buy this you can't see what's in it, all you know it's a small piece of art. Isn't that exciting!?

It contained a small modern art painting that was inspired by the landscape of Groningen according to the info with it. I think it's inspired by the coastline of Groningen, but Sullivan thinks it's supposed to be a dark rainy night.

There was a really big box delivered for my owner's Other Half at the end of the afternoon. It says Hip Fruitbasket on the bottom.

And it indeed contained a large basket of fruit! Yum!

Yesterday we went into town for dinner and I got French fries! 

We also visited the bookstore and my owner bought a book for Sullivan, but that sounded much too scary for me.

I'll keep you posted on further fun outings!



No comments: