Thursday, May 12, 2022

Gilbert - A Fun Vacation: Twente and More

 

On the second day of our vacation we took a trip to Twente. 
Twente is an area in the Netherlands that's in the same province as were my owner grew up. There are lots of farmers there.

On our way to Twente we stopped in a German town to admire this church.

There was a blue mailbox close to the church as well.

Our first stop was at a Shiitake farm!


They had a really small self service shop next to all the buildings where the shiitake were grown.

There was a sign explaining how they grow shiitake. You could even buy a 'grow your own shiitake' kit, but we didn't get one. We did buy other stuff though. More on that later.

Next we went to a very small dairy shop. They had all kinds of yummy desserts. I got a bottle of bitterkoekjesvla (macaroon custard, I think...).

And we got ice cream!

I got cherry flavored ice cream. It was delicious!

Next we went to a Buffalo Farm shop.
(I will not talk about what kind of things were bought there)

We did have a look at the buffalo.

They were enjoying the really nice weather.

Not sure if this one was just curious, or annoyed by what was bought. 

After a fun morning of sightseeing we went back to Diana's house. Here is my loot of the day: a mix to make shiitake soup, and a bottle of shiitake liqueur. I haven't tried it yet, but I'm very curious!
We did also get shiitake burgers, which were very tasty, and some things I won't mention, but my owner really liked.

In the afternoon we went for a walk.


After our walk we relaxed and enjoyed the garden.

Another great day!


Coming next: relaxing and drinks

No comments: