Sunday, July 18, 2021

Gilbert - Schloss Clemenswerth

 

On Monday we had a relaxing day with some shopping and a walk around the neighborhood, and in the evening a barbecue. I did take some pictures during my walk, but decided not to post them here on the blog, so I could jump right to our outing on Tuesday. (I didn't get pictures of the bbq for obvious reasons *glares at owner for eating unspeakable things*)

On Tuesday we went to Castle Clemeswerth!
This is a hunting castle, so it's kind of small, but with tons of extra buildings for guests.

It had decorations I couldn't really approve of...

But the buildings and the large lawn were really cool.

I spotted a caterpillar. 
There were warning against the processionary caterpillar, but I don't think this was one. I still didn't get too close just to be sure.

We were allowed in the main building of castle Clemenswerth with a guide to keep an eye on us. They seemed to be really scared we would damage something. Or maybe they were afraid we'd try to steal art, like this one on the ceiling. Although how you'd steal that I don't know.

My owner had to wear really big slippers over her normal shoes so she wouldn't damage the floor.

To be fair it was a really beautiful floor.

The inside of this castle was very baroque.

I think this is some kind of hunting deity.

More appalling decorations!!!

I think these might be the children of the guy who had this castle build. Or maybe he just liked having paintings in his castle of random children.

Next to the castle there was a monastery with a beautiful garden.


This was a little house where you could go for contemplation.


The monastery was closed for visitors as there are still two monks living there.




Coming next: more appalling hunting stuff and cocktails.

1 comment:

Aurian said...

Lovely Gilbert, I really have to visit there myself . In two weeks there will be an artfair, i might go then