Thursday, June 1, 2017

Movie Time!

On our last full day in Berlin we wanted to visit Filmpark Babelsberg, so we took an S-train to Babelsberg station.


This building is the City Hall for Babelsberg I think.


I noticed a sign that pointed the way to Babelsberg Park.


It was a walk of about 1 kilometer the sign said.
It felt a lot longer...


A river!


Wait a minute...
This is a normal park, not a Filmpark!


At least it was pretty there.
But we wanted to go to the Filmpark, so we had to walk all the way back to the station and there we took a bus so we wouldn't get lost again.


Metropolis
I know that movie! We must be at the right place.


Indeed!
There was a long lane with all kinds of statues that had to do with movies.


I think this duck is from a children's TV show.


Not sure if I recognize this dude...


King Kong!


This is 'Das Sandmännchen' (the little sandman). He's from a German TV show for children.


The robot from Metropolis!!
I love Metropolis, it's a really cool Science Fiction movie from 1927.


This is the Luck Dragon from The NeverEnding Story III


A Metropolis film poster.


There were lots of cool displays, like this critter that's also from The NeverEnding Story III if I'm not mistaken.


There were also sketches and artwork.
I really liked this one.


I got to fly on the Luck Dragon's nose!


More cool critters.


This lady was busy making plaster casts for movie props.


A cool mask.


Look out Orc beastie! Indiana Jones is behind you!


Something is behind me as well?



Coming next: More props and monsters.

1 comment:

miki said...

looks like an interesting museum glad you were not lost for long