Sunday, August 28, 2022

Gilbert - August Update

 

We didn't go on many trips this month after our trip to Drenthe, but we did a lot of fun stuff.

We went out for milkshakes and ice cream!

I bought a London Bus Guide from Beanie in the hopes to inspire my owner to take a trip to London.

My owner brought me a cola flavored popsicle.

The stylish acorn hat I found in Drenthe got even more stylish by adding another acorn to it.

Isn't it cool!

My owner has to explain games to people next weekend, so we played those games. This is Terraforming Mars Ares Expedition. It is a cool game where you have to... well... terraform Mars.

We also played Parks. 
Here you go on hikes and try to visit the best parks and take the most pictures. With 2 players it's a very fun, tactical game where going too fast can be your downfall.

We played 'Alien: Fate of the Nostromo'.
Here you have to work together to escape the Alien.

Argh! There it is!

The Isle of Cats was my favorite. You have to rescue cats and get them on your boat. It is a really fun game, that we will be playing again soon! 

Villainous had really cool artwork, but I'm not sure if it's a game for me. Maybe it's more fun with three or more players than with two.

We visited Noorderzon. 
It's supposed to be a festival of Performing Arts, but it had more food stands than art, performing or otherwise. At least their French fries were really good!

They also had this cool grasshopper. I wouldn't have minded more of this kind of art and less food.

We played Parks a second time with five players. It was a very different experience than with two players, but still very fun.

We also played Escape Room: the Game.
We had to escape from a prison cell on a train and then get to the locomotive engine to stop the train before it would crash.

We managed with 55 seconds to spare!

And I played Bingo!

There was a Bingo Machine that randomly spat out bingo balls.

On my first card of the evening I won a bottle of Rosé.

We played several rounds where I didn't win anything. During a break my owner got us snacks. I didn't trust all of them though.

In one of the last rounds I had another Bingo!
I won a pack of Minion Playing Cards! How cool! 

There's another Bingo next month, I hope we will go there again,


All in all I had a really fun month!

2 comments:

Beanie Mouse said...

Oh what fun!!!! WE just did a reccie trip to London, checking out the best route for Highgate Cemetery. That should help your owner decide to come to London....!

Sullivan McPig said...

We will nag her about it!