Thursday, July 10, 2014

A Trip to Schiermonnikoog - Day 2


The next day we went for a bike-ride, and visited the red lighthouse.


I always have to visit the lighthouse when I'm on Schiermonnikoog. It's just such a cool building in my opinion.




Next we cycled some more and visited some of our favorite spots on the island.




Then it was time to go to the beach.


I can almost see it.


The beach is moving. Here you see what used to be the beach, but it's slowly turning into dunes, while the beach is now farther out.


We made it to the sea this time!


It was lovely sunny weather, and we walked along the beach for a while. it was fun.


Finally we returned to the village and treated ourselves to beer and a plate full of yummy snacks.

It was a great day.



Coming next: More pictures of the expo.


5 comments:

RodeEgel said...

Perfect! :-)

L fox said...

Those snacks look very good.

Demented Wench said...

Pictures of yummy looking food...

Evil pig!

Jerry and Ben said...

That is a big Hammie-red lighthouse!

Hammie Hamster said...

It is my favorite lighthouse ever! Every time we visit this island I make G. Go there so I can see it and say hello to it:-)!