Monday, October 11, 2010

A Beautiful walk to Garnwerd


After baking the mega blueberry muffin yesterday we went for a walk to Garnwerd as it was a lovely, sunny day.

When we came close to Garnwerd the sun was slowly setting and the light was just beautiful!

Another picture to show the amazing sky.

And look! We made it to café-restaurant Hammingh.

We got a table at a window so I could look at the windmill.

Hmmm.... relaxing after a long walk with a nice glass of beer.

While waiting for our food I took a short nap.

And then the food was served:
Groninger Mustard Soup with Leek!
Yum

7 comments:

Marlowe said...

I like that bridge. Does it rise for boats?

Sullivan McPig said...

yes, it does. the top turns vertical when it rises.

Demented Wench said...

I had to go find a recipe for mustard soup. Evil Pig!!! :)

Sullivan McPig said...

Ah, my work is done!! ;-)

Anonymous said...

Mosterdsoep.. met spekjes hoop ik? Ik boel missen! :-)

Audrey said...

That soup looks great! Maybe I'll have to make some soup for lunch tomorrow.
Looks like you had a wonderful day for a walk - we had a beautiful day here too.

Hammie Hamster said...

The bridge at Hammingh's is very beautiful, we made some pictures too last time we were there. I'll have to ask Harr if he's going to show them on the website of Groningen! I don't think he did that...