Monday, March 2, 2009

Another Walk.

Yesterday we went for another walk.
We noticed that they had put up some new signs.
This one tells that you're entering a walking and cycle path in the area Harssensbosch which is part of the Reitdiep area. You can only stay on the path and dogs should be put on a leash.
I'm glad I'm not a dog.


The weather was lovely and there were lots of blooming Snowdrops.
I couldn't resist taking a short rest among them. I bet my owner wishes she was small enough to do so too.

We passed a small and very beautiful cemetary, where there's also this grave-monument:
A small replica Hunebed.
In the prehistoric age the people that lived in the Netherlands build 'Hunebedden' (dolmen in english if I'm correct) to bury their dead. There are still some real Hunebedden left. I guess the person who's burried here loved them and that's why they build a Hunebed on the grave as a monument. I think it looks very beautiful anyway.



Lastly I want to show you this bridge as I love the name of this bridge.
It's the 'Platvoetbrug' which means: Flatfootbridge.







2 comments:

Demented Wench said...

I wish I could lay in the Snowdrops like that. :(

Eve Noir said...

I agree with Demented Wench, I'd love to lay in the Snowdrops too. :)

The cemetery seems very interesting. Thanks for the story on it. Very cool!
Take care~