Thursday, June 18, 2009

Zombie books

I know I've skipped a few days lately, but what's a pig to do when his owner is doing boring stuff...

So that's why I decided to list some books for you today that have walking dead in them!

First offcourse: Pride and Prejudice and Zombies by Jane Austen and Seth Grahame - Smith.
This book is basically the original story and text but with zombies and lots of fighting those zombies added to it. If you love the original story but have always thought that it lacked some zombies, this book is a must! I myself hope Grahame - Smith will zombiefy lots of other books too. If on the other hand you love the original story of Jane Austen and think it can't be perfected in any way as it already is perfect, steer clear of this book, you will not like it.

Next: I luv Halloween volume 2 by Keith Giffen and Benjamin Roman
this is a comic/manga that is beautifully drawn I think and it features lots of zombies and other undead creatures. It's about a town where for some reason there are lots of zombies and only a few normal living people. (Why this is so is probably explained in volume 1 but as I do not have it I can't tell you.) Coolest thing about this comic: there's a zombie kid who is dressed in a pig costume!
There's lots of violence and bloodshed in this comic so it might not be for everyone.


And last: Death: at Death's door by Jill Thompson.
Anyone familiar with Sandman will have seen Jill Thompson's work before as she has drawn a few Sandman stories. This comic is based on the Sandman story 'Season of Mists' and tells how Death with the help of Delirium and Despair tries to handle the fact that the dead are coming back from hell after Lucifer has closed it and handed the key to Dream. It's a really funny story and fans of Death should really try to get hold of this one. (Eve: If you haven't got this one allready, go get it, Delirium is brilliant!)

That's it for now. If myowner keeps doing boring stuff I might post a list of stories featuring pigs next.



5 comments:

Eve Noir said...

Yay I have (and read) I LUV Halloween and Death. Very good ones I must say. Do we have good taste or what? ;}

Eve Noir said...

Oh, PIG costumes you say...well, PIG MASKS. An artist I really love (own a few of her art toys) makes many o'paintings of children wearing PIG masks. Maybe you'd like her work. Her name is Kathie Olivas. Her site can be found at http://www.miserychildren.com/

Let me know what you think!
Take care & oh I am scared of ZOMBIES!!! ^_^

Sullivan McPig said...

Oooh, that's a cool link. Thanks! Very beautiful stuff.
And we indeed have good taste :p

permanentcloud said...

Sullivan-

I totally heart the living dead and I am so glad you had some great suggestions for reading material! :)

Sullivan McPig said...

Glad I could be of help :-)
And I love zombies too!