Monday, July 28, 2014

A Picnic, More Food and Lots of Books


Last week it was lovely weather so we went on another picnic.


The insects also thought the weather was nice.
Can you see them?


We had a cool campfire as well.


I hope we get more sunny days so we can go on a picnic again soon.

---

Yesterday we got a visit from Aurian and Maia!

They came bearing gifts, and we had a great afternoon talking about books, the convention in Berlin they visited, and more. In the evening we went out for dinner.


We went to my favorite restaurant: Ni Hao.


We had lots of yummy food, including my favorite sweet and sour soup.

After dinner they started on their journey back home, and it was time for me to drool over the goodies they brought.


Just look at all the books and swag.
And I also got a cool purple bag from the Berlin convention!


They also met up with Patricia Briggs, and not only did they get her to sign my copy of Fair Game, they also got a magnet and a cool badge for me!


And in Berlin they had Nalini Singh sign two books for me as well!

There were lots of other cool books as well, including Zombies vs Unicorns, and a book about a pig. Keep an eye on my review blog, because I will certainly review those books there.


Thanks, Aurian and Maia for all the goodies and for a really fun day!


3 comments:

RodeEgel said...

Yaaay! What a lucky pig you are! :-D

miki said...

i'm really happy for you! next time you will meet the authors as well ;)
* go back to plotting and write ideas*

Aurian said...

We sure had a great day :) and more sunny days are a given I think. This year is already the hottest one in the books.