Tuesday, July 1, 2014

My trip to Normandy - Day 8, part 2 - Mont Saint-Michel


We continued our walk around the island and found a small ruin.


It used to be some kind of water/well house I think.


In the distance I spotted some kind of church.




There were stairs leading up to the church.


There was a statue of a saint on top.


And crocheted Dream Catchers in the window.


Far above us we could see the monastery.


When we walked on, I spotted another seagull.


Finally we made our way around and entered the small town that was build around the monastery.


I saw a gargoyle.


What a great view on the monastery.


I also spotted a young sparrow.








We looked around in the small town and had fun. It was very beautiful.


Coming next: pancake!



4 comments:

Beanie Mouse said...

Gosh!! I want to go there now!! It looks wonderful!

Jerry and Ben said...

Belles photos Sullivan!

Alexander Mackenzie Bear said...

Wow - that is sure a different perspective on the monastery - beautiful photos Sullivan!

Aurian said...

Lovely pictures Sullivan, such amazing views.