Thursday, June 12, 2014

My trip to Normandy - Day 2, part 3


We managed to reach the walkway that was build into the sea, and we had a look at our surroundings from there.






After that we went on our way again.
Hmm... There's something to do with an issue I think. I wonder what kind of issue.


I wouldn't mind living in a house like that.


We found another WWII museum and had a look around outside.


This looked like a kind of clock.


Wow! It had seen some heavy fighting. It wasn't a clock, but some kind of lookout post.


A very old truck.




I discovered a small canon, hidden in the bushes.


A really big canon. It was used to shoot at planes I think.


And a smaller one.


After the museum we went on our way back towards the house. We saw some beautiful flowers.




And we found an old church.


There was a memorial sign for both victims of WWI & WWII.


Next to the church was a small graveyard as well.


Walking on I spotted this house that was for sale. If only I was a very rich pig.


Coming next: Another church


1 comment:

Aurian said...

Lovely pictures again, and yes, being rich and living in a mansion like that would be heavenly. Imagine all the room for your books ...