Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Prague - Town Hall, Drinks and Food


On the Old town Square you can find the Town Hall. It's the building with the tower.

The Town Hall has a really big clock on its wall.
The clock is a tourist attraction as there's lots of cool stuff on the clock that moves when the clock strikes the hour.

I wasn't so lucky to be there when that happened though.
Still it's a very cool clock.

What I liked most about the Town Hall was a door that had lions on it! This one even has a goblin in his mouth!

And this one looks a bit more friendly than the goblin eater.


And now especially for Beanie some food and drinks pictures:

They had really tasty dark beer everywhere in Prague.

We found a restaurant called Svejk.
It's named after the Good Soldier Svejk, a character (and novel) by Jaroslav HaĊĦek. They even had a picture of Svejk on the wall outside. We had to eat there of course!

They had huge pretzels! Yum.

More dark beer and Coke

At one restaurant we could order cocktails!

I ordered a Cuba Libre.
It was a very good cocktail and I wouldn't mind drinking it again sometime.

I also got to order these really big French fries.
They didn't have mayonaise or Ranch dressing though, so I ate the French fries with ketchup.

It wasn't all beer and booze I drank in Prague in case a certain Wench is wondering. I also had this delicious Ice Coffee.

With apple strudel!

And while we were in Prague my friend the Armadillo had his birthday, so we celebrated his birthday with Slivovice (plum brandy).


More pictures (although no more food pictures) tomorrow.

10 comments:

Beanie Mouse said...

slurp slurp and slurp!! Good that you got some Cake though!!! We like cake!!

vvb32 reads said...

love your pics thanks for sharing. i enjoy armchair traveling at your site.

vvb32 reads said...

i can't help but think steampunk looking at the clock - and so shiny.

Raquel said...

Hmmmmm, I'm getting hungry with those photos! And the clock is amazing!!! Wow :)
Kisses

Demented Wench said...

I love that picture of you with the dark beer.

And I think that second lion looks like he's just finished swallowing his goblin.

Prague most not be a safe city for goblins.

Sullivan McPig said...

@Demented Wench: Oh, I hadn't thought of that! A good thing I didn't get too close.

@vvb: It's indeed a bit steampunky

Hammie Hamster said...

Yummie! All those nice things to eat and drink! I would love to try that big pretzel!

Stuart said...

Would like to know where you got those big fries - I'm originally from the UK (so they are 'chips' to me :)) and I would love to find some over here in Prague

Sullivan McPig said...

@Stuart: It was at an Irish Pub on a square behind the Tyn Church. I think it was called Paddy's as the waitress wore a t-shirt with 'Who's your Paddy' on it.

Stuart said...

Well, the fact that it's an Irish pub is not surprising! :) Many thanks, @Sullivan, we'll go and take a look!