Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Prague - Statues and Such


While we were in Prague I got to take the Metro!
In Groningen we do not have a Metro so I thought it was really exciting all those tunnels deep beneath the city.

I spotted a drain cover for Beanie!

We also went to see the Charles Bridge.
The Charles Bridge is a very beautiful bridge full of statues and with towers on both sides of the bridge. Here I'm standing at the tower at the entrance on the side of the old town.

Next to the bridge there's a statue of the Charles who ordered the building of the bridge.

Now for some pictures of the statues on the bridge:







Me and my owner at the Charles Bridge with behind us a view on some houses standing next to the bridge.

Behind me you can see the tower that's on the far side of the bridge.

And here it is close-up!

Here I'm standing in front of the statue of Jan Hus, who's some kind of religious hero. He got burned at the stake on 6 july 1415. The Czech people still have a religious holiday in memory of Hus on July 6th. This statue is on the Old Town Square, close to the St. Nicolas Church I showed you yesterday.

I spotted this statue in a small park.
I couldn't figure out who she is, so I think it's just some random lady.

And this stone lady was in yet another park. Trying to hide herself in a small tree. Or maybe she was looking for apples.



A statue of a winged pig!
I wonder how it would be to have wings and fly everywhere.

That's it for now.
Tomorrow I'll be back with more pics of Prague.

11 comments:

Beanie Mouse said...

I LOVE THAT DRAIN COVER!!! Thank you so much for taking that photo for me!! Do you have any food photos?!!

Raquel said...

The winged pig is fabulous! See you tomorrow with the new photos :)

Jerry and Ben said...

Wow, love that winged pig! Maybe it's a distant relative of yours Sullivan... Love your photos!

Sullivan McPig said...

Thanks everyone!
@Beanie: Not much as my owner kept ordering things I didn't want to eat.

Demented Wench said...

You and Beanie find the prettiest drain covers. I don't think we have any pretty drain covers where I live.

Once again, thank you for sharing your beautiful pictures. :)

Jeffe Kennedy said...

Your owner! I love seeing a picture of your owner!!!

And what an amazing drain cover. (We call them manhole covers.) Ours aren't nearly so wonderful, but now I feel like I should take pictures of the neat ones.

Patti (@TheLoveJunkee) said...

Great pictures! I like the statues on the bridge. Is the flying pig holding a unicorn horn?

Sullivan McPig said...

@Demented Wench: I never noticed them before I saw Beanie's pictures.

@Jeffe: Yeah, I convinced her to step in front of the camera for once ;-)

@Patti: It's a cornucopia or something like that I think.

Beanie Mouse said...

Well, that's no good. Andrea always orders food that I like eating..... I think your owner needs A Good Talking To.

Laura Bickle said...

Love the winged pigs! ;-)

Looks like you had a wonderful trip!

Hammie Hamster said...

That pig is very funny! I like it!