Sunday, January 3, 2010

Cookies and Snow.

On the first day of january we celebrated the new year with tradional food: Nieuwjaarsrolletjes met slagroom en Nieuwjaarskoeken. (New Year's rolls with whipped cream and New Year's cookies.) I especially liked the New Year's cookies as they had sugar syrup mixed into them.

Most of the snow had melted away after Christmas and I thought we wouldn't see snow again this winter, but yesterday when I woke up it was snowing again!

So we had to go for a walk ofcourse!



We encountered this bird and my owner's OH was brave enough to get very close to him. The bird looked really annoyed to be walking in the snow so I kept my distance.

This was more then close enough for me.

We also paid a visit to the cemetery near Wierumerschouw, which was looking very beautiful with all the snow.











Today it's snowing again and I really hope the snow will be there for a couple of days more.
Moira: I hope you're enjoying the snow in Canada too and I can't wait to see your pictures.

6 comments:

Beanie Mouse said...

You got more snow?? I'm jealous!! Glad you like the birthday magnet, even though it's not a surprise any more. I shall post it to you by next weekend.

Hammie Hamster said...

Lovely pictures! I like the nieuwjaarsrolletjes with whipped cream a lot! I don't think there's a lot of snow where the big bird should be living if it wasn't here with us... Did it have a place with a roof to be out of the cold? We are very lucky to have nice warm and cosy houses to live in! And warm bags to travel in! Thanks for the funny New Years card you sent us! We realy like it!

Marlowe said...

Emus always look so cranky. Near our home, there is a small zoo-- and they have an emu that also looks crabby.

The pictures of the snow are very pretty!

The Queen of Clearance said...

Oh my! We hardly have gotten any snow here! It looks so pretty! The bird did look pretty scary! I would have kept my distance too...but that is because I am afraid of bird. lol. Those cookies look yum!

Beanie Mouse said...

I GOT PACKAGES!!!! I GOT PACKAGES FROM YOU AND COCO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm so EXCITED!!! I shall blog soon.... when the current Big Freeze has melted!!

Sullivan McPig said...

Yay! We were beginning to fear they might have gotten lost, glad to hear they turned up.