Monday, October 26, 2009

Lots of Beautiful Nature Pictures!


After the birthday party on Saturday we spend the night at the house of my owner's mother, which happens to be the house my owner grew up in. It's in a small village between the cities Kampen and Zwolle and the house is next to the river IJssel. It's very beautiful there, so the next day we took a walk and made a lot of pictures.

Lots of green fields!
My owner told me she loved playing here as a child.

A meadow with some cows and trees.

And here I'm right next to the river IJssel!
It was a sunny, but windy day so there were lots of small waves on the water.



Taking a short rest, while sheltering from the wind behind the reeds.

My owner used to swim here, but even though I think it looks beautiful, I don't think I would be so brave to swim in a big river like this.

Hmmm.... clouds, sun and a beautiful river.

Yup, even more clouds....
Can't help it, I love them!

I tried to get a good picture of this grass, but the wind was too strong, the grass didn't keep in one place.

On our way back to the house.
The house is build next to a dyke (I'm on the dyke in this picture) that keeps away the water when the river gets out of it's bounds. My owner tells me that the green fields you saw in the first pic and the field with the cows get totally flooded at least once a year and if it wasn't for the dyke, her mother's house would also be flooded.

When we went back to Zwolle to catch a train to Groningen we discovered something really beautiful just next to the road and we had to stop to take a picture:

Vliegenzwammen!
(Fly Agaric or Fly Amanita).
According to my owner they are poisonous, so I didn't touch them, but I think they're very beautiful.

3 comments:

Hammie Hamster said...

I love your pictures of the river and the clouds and the vliegenzwammen too! We are so lucky here in Holland having all the dykes, otherwis a lot of people had to swim all day long ;-)! Your owner is very brave that she used to swim in the river, I wouldn't try that...

The Queen of Clearance said...

so pretty. Dont you love going back to the places you had so much fun in as a child!

Demented Wench said...

Very beautiful pictures and I'm glad you didn't eat the mushrooms. :)