Monday, May 24, 2010

A Trip to Kampen - part 2


After our visit to the comicbook store we walked through the city to the park.

We entered the park through the gate you see in this picture. It's one of the three gates that Kampen has and it's still in use for meeting like weddings and such.

I think it's a really beautiful building.

A view on the gate from inside the park.

One of the towers of the gate.

It was really beautiful in the park. I saw lots of flowers including these white ones which were named Vogelmelk (Bird's Milk) which I think is a weird name for a flower. (In english they're called Star-of-Bethlehem I think.)

All the trees had name tags so you could see what kind of tree it was. This one is a Canadian poplar tree.

And look what kind of animals were swimming close to that tree: Canadian geese.

After a while I spotted the towers of one of the other gates!

This gate had statue in front of it of some guy with a flute. I wonder if he's related to that guy in Hameln who played the flute to lure rats and children out of town.

A better view of the gate.

More pretty greenery and buildings spam.

A view on what I think is the most beautiful church of Kampen, the Bovenkerk (Upper Church).

After the really fun walk in the park we went to the house of my owner's family and there I met Witje the sheep. We talked for a long time and that was lots of fun.

Witje confessed he's a follower of my blog and asked me for an autograph. As Witje is such a nice and friendly sheep I couldn't refuse ofcourse.

All in all I had a great day in Kampen and I made a new friend!

5 comments:

Audrey said...

Love the flowers!! The Canada Geese and the poplar tree are great too :) (since I'm in Canada)
Mentioned your blog on mine this morning!
Have a great week.

Marlowe said...

I think that gate is beautiful!

Demented Wench said...

That is a very beautiful building. :)

vvb32 reads said...

i love the towers. so historic.

Sullivan McPig said...

Thanks everyone! I love Kampen, it's a very beautiful city.