Thursday, September 26, 2019

Gilbert: My First Solo Adventure

Hi everyone!
I'll be taking over accompanying our owner from Sullivan, and he told me that next to him showing me how it's done, I should also try some outings without him, so I can learn by doing. That sounds just like an experiment. There you also learn by doing something and seeing what happens. Our owner suggested we could start small with a trip into town.


This is the New Church in Groningen.
You've probably seen it in Sullivan's post, because it's his favorite church in Groningen. The 'New' refers to the fact this church was newer than the old Saint Walburg church. In the 18th century they also called it the Northern Church. It was build in 1660.


I can understand why Sullivan likes this church. It's a beautiful building and the trees and grass all around the church make this church like a tiny oasis in the middle of a busy city.

Once in the city center our owner did some shopping and I tried to memorize all the shops and streets we visited. I spotted some more places Sullivan had mentioned on his blog.


We sat down at a small coffee shop and I got to try Spicy Chai Latte. It was like a mix of tea and hot chocolate with a hint of gingerbread. We also got two small cookies, those were a bit hard, but dunking them in the Chai Latte made them nice to eat. I suggested we could try the Mango Chai Latte next time, and our owner thought that was a good idea.

I think I did well on my first trip without Sullivan.


*Sullivan's comments: For a first outing I think Gilbert did well, but I'll have to train him to see more good picture opportunities.*



7 comments:

Beanie Mouse said...

And more food opportunities. Definitely more food opportunities.

miki said...

for a first try it's great

Hammie Hamster said...

You did a great job Gilbert!!!

Alexander Mackenzie Bear said...

Great solo mission - perhaps a bit more discovery next time...

Jerry and Ben said...

Nice job!

Jerry and Ben said...

Oh, and does this mean that perhaps Sullivan is free to do some world traveling and visit his pals?

Sullivan McPig said...

Nope, I have a date with my To Be Read mountain of books.