Thursday, January 17, 2013

A Birthday, Titanic, Whales and more

Yesterday me and my owner had our birthday.
Lots of people send us birthday cards and wishes I want to say thanks to all of them!

I got some really cool DVD's for my birthday!
Two zombie movies, a thriller about Edgar Allan Poe and Rio.
I look forward to watching them all.

For our birthday my owner's OtherHalf took us to the Maritime Museum. There was an expo about the Titanic and Dutch people who where on the Titanic.



Actual White Star Line china.
So amazing to see those for real!

The man on the left side in this picture is Hendrik Bolhuis.
He was a cook on the Titanic and was from Groningen. He drowned when the Titanic sank.

We also looked at the other exhibits at the Maritime Museum. This is an old map of Groningen

I also spotted a drinking horn with an animal head on it.

There was a book with these really cool whale drawings.

And there were some weird drawings...
These drawings of whales were made by someone who never saw a real whale and tried to draw them after seeing a whale skeleton.

A frowny person of importance.

This statue had a crocodile hat with an extra crocodile on top!

A giant wooden fish.

After our visit to the museum we went out for dinner and I had a cocktail with a small umbrella.

It was a really fun day!


5 comments:

Buttons the Bear said...

Happy Birthday to you both! Looks like you had a busy and fun day.

Jerry and Ben said...

Hope you had a great birthday Sullivan!!!

Aurian said...

Happy belated birthday to you and your owner Sullivan! It sounds like you had a great day. I wish you a very good year, with lots of fun things to do and see and eat.

Beanie Mouse said...

We posted you a late present today!!

Alexander Mackenzie Bear said...

Happy Birthday Sullivan (and owner)! We were away for a few days and no internet!! I am in withdrawal!