Sunday, December 27, 2009

A Gingerbread House

Hammie's problems with a gingerbread house yesterday reminded me that my owner had gotten me a kit to make a gingerbread house too.

So me and my owner got to work today to make the house.
Everything we needed was in the box.

first we laid out all the pieces on a piece of aluminiumfoil.

Then we mixed the sugar into a paste to use as frosting and glue.

We put it in a plastic bag and cut a hole in the bag so we could use it to draw decorations on the gingerbread pieces.

Then we had to wait awhile for it to dry a bit.

We put the house together using more of the frosting as glue.

Tada!
Here's the finished house, I really like how it turned out.

9 comments:

Marlowe said...

I think that your gingerbread house looks very festive! Are you going to get to eat it? Some of the people whose blogs I read have to wait till New Years, and others have already started to eat it!

Hammie Hamster said...

Ooooh... I love your gingerbread house!!!! That's a better box then the one I had! Everything you need is inside! The box I had looked like it had everything inside but it were only the walls/roof etc... and they were all in little pieces.... Thank you for showing yours! I enjoyed watching you make it! Did your owner buy it at the store that she and G. allways have to go to??? Please tell me if you know so we can try next year...

Sullivan McPig said...

@Hammie: Yes, she got it at that store. She bought it before Sinterklaas and put it away for Christmas, so that's why we almost forgot about it.

@Marlowe: I think we'll keep it standing at least till New Year and I'm not sure if it will still be good to eat by then.

Beanie Mouse said...

What a brilliant house!! I love the slurpy glue drips!!

Hammie Hamster said...

Thanks for telling, next year I'll ask G. to buy one at her favorite shop, I'm sure she won't mind going there ;-)...

Demented Wench said...

I think I would have eaten the house before I got it put together. :)

Beanie Mouse said...

Me too!!!!

Eve Noir said...

Looks great! I've always wanted to put one together...but I have a feeling it would turn out odd shaped...maybe sideways...;)

Take care!

Sullivan McPig said...

Thanks everyone! and I had a bit of trouble to get the walls to stay upright, but luckily the gluey sugar stuff worked very well.