Saturday, July 21, 2018

Heiligerlee - part 2


Next we saw the encampment of the Spaniards.
They were roasting a pig!!!!
I hope the Dutch will win the fight!


There were lots of cannons.


It was fun seeing all the people in costume and all the tents and stuff.


This guy showed us how his gun had to be loaded.


They were testing the guns so they would know if the guns could be used in the fight. They used only powder, no bullets of course.


There were lots of different costumes.


And a lot of Spaniards...
I wondered if the Dutch could beat them and punish them for eating roasted pig.






Yeah, I got my eye on you too, pig eater!


It was very hot.
Luckily there was water to cool down when needed.


There were lots of soldiers with long pikes. I hoped those were not for more pig roasting.






Slowly people were getting ready for the battle.


There were even mounted soldiers.


We found a spot close to the battlefield.
These two Spaniards seemed to want to relax and just watch the battle as well. I don't think their officers would like that though.


Next: The battle!

2 comments:

Em said...

Looks like loads of fun.

Sullivan McPig said...

It absolutely was!