Thursday, October 8, 2015

A Visit to the Fraeylemaborg


Last Saturday I got a visit from Aurian and Freya.
We decided to do some sightseeing and went to the Fraeylemaborg, a big building that dates back to the Middle Ages.


I spotted this toadstool.


You don't often find one of these that is undamaged.


We had a stroll through the garden, and saw some cool stuff.


















Then we had lunch.
Mustard soup: Yum!


I had a look at the sun dial.




Then we made our way to the Fraeylemaborg itself.



Next: More Fraeylemaborg pictures, and dinner!



4 comments:

Jeffe Kennedy said...

Is that building actually sitting IN water? If so, how deep? Did you get to go inside? I want to know if it's all dampish. I have IDEAS.

RodeEgel said...

Yes, it is sitting in water. Although the moat (that's what it is) was dug around it. It is not that deep. One, maybe two meter at the most. It has some cellar space. Once the chambers for servants were here. I guess it can be damp, but not as damp as I guess you are thinking. :-D

Jeffe Kennedy said...

Or my damp is not your damp. :D

Hammie Hamster said...

Great pictures!!!!!