Saturday, July 25, 2026

A Trip to Berlin - Day 7 (lots of pictures)

 

We decided to visit Museum Island on day 7.

There was a U-Bahn stop close to Museum Island.

There was a crow!
I wonder if it was a friend of the crows at the Tiny Lodges.

We went to the Altes Museum (Old Museum)
It has Greek and Roman statues among others.

We wandered around and took pictures of the statues that spoke to us.


This was either Apollo or a goddess/woman.
They weren't sure.


Cool lion.




I really loved this statue.

This was either a mother or a fertility goddess.
With that many babies I hope it was a goddess.

There was a small columbarium.


This was a statue of a girl playing a dice game!


I spotted a boar!
Really mean dogs were biting him.

Cool snake.


This was Dionysos.

A statue of a dog. 
I don't think it was one of the mean dogs.

Satyr and Hermaphrodite




It was a really cool museum to wander around in.

The Dom.

Next we went for a walk to the Berliner Fernsehturm.

There it is!
But there was also a church.

WE decided to check out the church first.



I remembered that Sullivan told me there was a really cool fountain near this church.

It turned out it was being renovated so it was covered...

I found another fountain thing close to the church, though.

Fernsehturm


We then walked back to the U-Bahn near Museum Island and went back to our tiny lodge.

In the evening we went out for dinner.

We found a restaurant that had really yummy Mexican food.

And yummy drinks as well.


Next: Our last day in Berlin



No comments: