Sunday, August 7, 2022

Gilbert: Dinosaurs, Martini Church, and a Trip to Drenthe

Last Wednesday I got to try a new game: Dinogenics.
You get to create dinosaurs and make your own Jurassic Park. How cool is that!?

My first dinosaur was a Stegosaurus!

At the end of the game I had lots of dinosaurs! I didn't win, but it was tons of fun!



On Thursday we visited the Martini Church for work, but we took our time admiring it as well, of course.

I saw weird, but beautiful lights on the floor!

It turned out they were caused by the sun shining through the stained glass windows.


Hey! I've seen this painting before!
Last time I saw this painting it was in the church in Middelbert. I did a search and it turns out this painting is by Egbert Modderman, and he's the "house painter" of the Martini Church. So now I'm wondering if they temporarily loaned the painting out to the church in Middelbert, or if the one I saw there is a replica.

Here's another painting by Modderman.

It was cool to see the inside of the Martini Church.




On Friday we went to Drenthe.
We took a walk in the woods near Schoonloo.

I spotted this nice seat.

And I found a stylish hat as well.

"The woods are lovely, dark and deep"

It was beautiful weather for a nice walk in the forest.

There was a small lake/pond in the woods as well. 

Next we went to see a Hunebed!
I know this guy: I visited this place last year as well.


This Hunebed is partially restored so you can see a bit better how they used to look.

After our walk we went to Rolde for drinks, a popsicle, and...


French fries!
It was an awesome afternoon.