Monday, July 19, 2021

Gilbert - Schloss Clemenswerth and Cocktails

 



After walking around the cloister garden we visited the chapel.

There was a skeleton in the altar. I wonder if it was a saint or somebody important to the family who used to live in the castle.



I really really do not like the people who used to live here!

All these hunting decorations would immediately go if this was my castle.

This one would be allowed to stay.

These were reproductions of what those boar hating dudes used to wear while hunting.

Even birds were not safe!

I still think the castle and the lawn were really cool, even though I did not like where it was used for.

In one of the buildings there were all kinds of paintings. I really liked this one.

Finally it was time to say goodbye to castle Clemenswerth. Apart from all the appalling hunting art and trophies it was a beautiful place to visit.

Next we went to a place I'd been before: the lake close to where Diana lives.

I spotted a piggy sticker on the spyglass.

And I got a Pina Colada!

We had a late lunch. I had fries and calamari.

We also had another cocktail. I forgot the name of this one, but it was tasty as well.

After lunch we had a small walk along the lake.

It was yet another beautiful and fun day.


This was our last big outing. We did go for another walk around the neighborhood, and we read, relaxed, and talked. In general we had an amazing time. On Wednesday we went back home. It was tons of fun to meet up with everyone!

No comments: