Saturday, June 11, 2011

Polder Rock and More

Yesterday we went on a trip as we were going to something called Polder Rock. But before we got to Polder Rock we paid some visits.

We visited my owner's mother who lives close to the river IJssel. Isn't it beautiful?

And look what we found in the garden while we were there!

I wonder if this small salamander is a relative of my friend Sparky.

More beautiful nature picture spam.



I also got to visit my good friend Witje, who lives in Kampen. We had a great time catching up on news and such.

In the evening we went to Polder Rock.
Looking at the t-shirts it had something to do with a cow and beer.
(I was told my owner's OtherHalf made the drawing that was on the t-shirts btw)

A stage and music!
It turned out Polder Rock was a small festival that my owner's brother had organised together with some friends to raise money for a good cause. There were three bands playing and you could also buy food and beer and other drinks. This is the first band that played at the festival: Rainbow in the Dark.

When the second band (B.Z.A.) played it was already getting a bit dark and it was also getting a bit more crowded, but I had a good spot luckily enough.

After the second band it started to rain, so I didn't take anymore pictures, but we had lots of fun and I was told there were over 400 people who came to the festival.

After the festival we got to sleep over at the house of the neighbour of my owner's brother. After such a long and fun filled day I was glad we didn't have to travel all the way back to Groningen.

After a good night sleep we spend some time with my owner's family. One of my owner's nephews had a bowl with fish!

Voodoo Bride discovered a distant relative who lived with my owner's family.

In the afternoon we caught a train back to Groningen.
I had a really fun time.

6 comments:

Laura Bickle said...

What lovely pictures! And you found one of Sparky's newts! Awwwww! :-)

Katie Dalton said...

Beautiful countryside, what a fun trip. And a live show to boot?! Awesome. xoxox

Anonymous said...

Looks like a wonderful place

Raquel said...

I see you had a very good time there, we love live concerts too!
Kisses

Hammie Hamster said...

Oooh! That salamander is beautiful and the blue flower too! never heard of Polderrock, to bad that it rained that much! But glad that you all had a good time!

Sullivan McPig said...

Thanks everyone!